PFS Charity Event at Enchanted Realms

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

PFS Charity Event at Enchanted Realms

Post by WhiteMane » Tue May 06, 2014 7:34 am

Greetings all!

I wanted to throw it out there now to all of you so you can clear your calendar!  I am in the process of organizing a Pathfinder Society Charity event to benefit the Springs Rescue Mission.  I've been talking with Everett about it, and we have decided that we are going to be offering two distinct modes at this event. 

The first will be the opportunity for many of you to try the Pathfinder Card Game.  We are still working out if this will be a tournament, a demo, or what sort of format we will be pursuing for it, but it should be a blast if you have been playing, or want to try it for the first time.

The second thing that we will be doing is the Pathfinder Society Special:  Race for the Runecarved Key!  This will be a special event where all of the various tables (tiers 1-12) will be playing, and the events at the various tables will impact each other! 

It's going to be very exciting and all of the proceeds go to benefit this worthwhile charity!

So everyone clear your calendar for July 19th!  You are going to want to come to Enchanted Realms in Colorado Springs for this huge event!

More details will be coming as we work them out (including a call for GMs to help with this event!)
Last edited by WhiteMane on Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

WhiteMane

Re: PFS Charity Event at Enchanted Realms

Post by WhiteMane » Wed May 07, 2014 11:04 am

OK All...

I've finished reviewing lots of documents, and I have a good idea of what we are going to be doing for the Charity Event to benefit the Springs Rescue Mission.  In addition to running the Race for the Runecarved Key, we are going to be having a number of scenarios run in the morning, so I need everyone's help now.

What is your favorite scenario?  Which scenario do you look back on and think "Damn, that was so much fun!!!"

Please, tell me!
Last edited by WhiteMane on Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

a_wolverine

Post by a_wolverine » Sun May 18, 2014 9:03 pm

i havent played all that many but i really liked the mists of mwangi and all 3 quest for perfection

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Mon May 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Hey All... 

After talking with some of the players in the local area, I have discovered that a disturbingly high percentage of them have played the Pathfinder Season 4 Special Event, Race for the Runecarved Key.  As a result, and after consulting with Everett, I've decided to shift gears a little bit and offer the Pathfinder Season 3 Special Event, Blood Under Absalom instead.

It is still going to be ALOT of fun, and I hope we have a HUGE turnout for this event that will benefit the Springs Rescue Mission.

Also, I'm still looking for input regarding what scenarios everyone would like to see for the first half of the day?  What scenarios out there does everyone think "Dang, that one is ALOT of fun..."

Please, everyone, provide input!!!!  Let me know!!!  If you don't than I will have to just guess as to what would be fun for everyone...  and nobody wants that!
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

IRONxTrueblood
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Todd, VL-Northern CO
GM Stars: 2

Post by IRONxTrueblood » Tue May 20, 2014 1:21 pm

I don't know how pressed for time things would be to fit scenarios in around the special, but maybe some of the repeatable scenarios and modules would be best.  Then you are sure to fill tables and don't run into the same problem that people have played them already.  The first level of Thornkeep runs long, but We Be Goblins, The Confirmation, and First Steps I are four hours.  Master of the Fallen Fortress is another and I don't remember it running long either.

It will be after Free RPG Day, so maybe the new module, Risen from the Sands, would be another possibility if anyone misses out on it.  The Paizo site only specifies "July 2014" as the public release date, so they don't have a specific date set for when it is available for purchase.  It is for level 3 characters, but includes pre-gens created from the upcoming Advanced Class Guide.

Todd Reidenbach

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Tue May 20, 2014 1:28 pm

We are going to be having 4-hour scenarios in the morning from 9am to 1pm, followed by an hour for lunch (we are still making arrangements, but it looks like we will have pizza, salad, and possibly be breaking out a grill for burgers and hot dogs).  After lunch, we will start the Special Event at 2pm. 

So I guess what I'm saying is that we will have time for the 4-hour scenarios in the morning.

Thanks for the input!  Any other thoughts out there?
Last edited by WhiteMane on Tue May 20, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808