Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society Facebook Page

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society Facebook Page

Post by WhiteMane » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Greetings All!!!

I've created a Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society Facebook page for us to post pictures of events, art work, or anything else that people want to post on it.

It's still in the construction phase, so please excuse the crudity of it, but I'm working on it.

The URL is https://www.facebook.com/rockymountainpfs. 

If you have ideas for what can be done to improve it, please let me know!
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Re: Rocky Mountain Pathfinder Society Facebook Page

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Not gonna lie: I'm not a fan of this. I do not have or use Facebook, and have no intention of changing that stance. I like the fact that announcements, news, and event posts are kept right here on a page I can visit at my leisure, that is non-intrusive and doesn't get involved in my private life. If, for some reason, these things begin migrating to Facebook, I will be a very vocal opponent.

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Drogon wrote: Not gonna lie: I'm not a fan of this. I do not have or use Facebook, and have no intention of changing that stance. I like the fact that announcements, news, and event posts are kept right here on a page I can visit at my leisure, that is non-intrusive and doesn't get involved in my private life. If, for some reason, these things begin migrating to Facebook, I will be a very vocal opponent.
That's a fair statement...  The only reason why I talked with Jacque about making a Facebook page was because there really wasn't any sort of medium where we could post pictures that are taken at various events that the RMPFS sponsors.  It seems like plenty of pictures get taken (I can remember all of us posing for some of these pictures at the end of Con on the Range, but we haven't seen them...) but no one gets to see them afterwards.

The Facebook page is not intended to be some sort of migration strategy.  Just a way for people to post whatever media seems relevant to our group.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:52 pm

I can understand that. I'll check in to what it takes to be able to post pictures here on this board, or at least link to pages that *can* easily handle picture posting. I'll get back to you.