Announcements for the Region! including a new VL

This board is for announcements regarding Pathfinder Society Organized Play updates
Jacque
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Jacque Woods

Announcements for the Region! including a new VL

Post by Jacque » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

It's the end of the year and I wanted to write to everyone about the state of the region and the exciting things the VO team has planned for 2015

First, I would like to announce that OJ Pinckert has accepted an offer to become the 2nd VL for Colorado Springs!  OJ has stepped up this year becoming store coordinator, running several charity events and lending a helping hand when Everett needed it.  I know that OJ will continue to work with Everett to continue to grow Pathfinder in Colorado Springs.  Please, join me in congratulating him!

Also, I would like to congratulate those GMs who received a star this quarter.  Hjal Nelson received his third star and Russ Brown and Steven Sior both received their fourth.  Great work guys!  Thanks for providing awesome game experiences for our players!

Now to the state of our region and our plans for 2015

We are actually doing very well in the Rocky Mountain Region.  We are continuing to provide game days all over the state and have increased our player base in some areas.  I know that Season 6 hasn't been a favorite among the group and I do know that Paizo has heard your concerns.  There are other areas where the player base is down and the VO team is working on improving that.  Keep an eye on the Monday Paizo blog for any changes to Society that Paizo announces.

I'm very proud that one area where the region has excelled is charity.  All across our area the group has stepped up and helped others when needed.  We've had several successful events over the past year and I'm proud that we're able to give back to the community.

As for our plans for 2015

1) We're planning four large organized events throughout the region in 2015.  The first event will take place the weekend of January 23-25, 2014 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Highlands Ranch.  This will take the place of GenghisCon.  See the thread that will be posted in the Conventions and Events board for more information on this event.

2) To continue with our charity work in the region.  The Rocky Mountain PFS Lodge will have favored charities during the season.  Starting with Season 7,as a group, we will pick 3 charities to work with for the season. 

3) We are starting a couple of partnerships with some groups in the area.  First, we've been asked to partner with Gamers' Giving and help them with their events.  Also, Pop Culture Classroom would like us to help bring role playing games into their curriculum.  These are exciting opportunities for the region and I'll be posting more about these relationships as I have more information.

4) We'll be starting organized play for the Pathfinder Card Game in January.  If you are interested, please let me know.

5) We would like to have quarterly announcements for those GMs who receive a star during the quarter.  The problem with this is that the VOs have no idea when GMs are close to receiving a star.  If you are getting close, please let one of us know.  We want to make sure you're recognized for all the hard work you do!

Thanks so much for your help and participation!  I know that the entire VO team is looking forward to a great 2015!

Happy Gaming!
Jacque
Last edited by Jacque on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Announcements for the Region! including a new VL

Post by Russ Brown » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Jacque Woods - Venture Captain wrote: 5) We would like to have quarterly announcements for those GMs who receive a star during the quarter.  The problem with this is that the VOs have no idea when GMs are close to receiving a star.  If you are getting close, please let one of us know.  We want to make sure you're recognized for all the hard work you do!
I created a thread in the GM Discussion board where you can post to let us know this info!
Russ Brown

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:11 am

Congrats, OJ! Good news all around.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Pippin
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Pippin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:36 am

Adding my congratulations to OJ.  It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Sean