14th to 15th level
50%

Total votes: 10

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Re: Asking for Your Vote: Tier 12-15 PFS play at Enchanted Grounds

Post by Ahz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 am

Hi Jeff, I've just voted.  I have a 12th level and a 14th (post EotT).  It seems that there is a lot of interest.  I hope a 2nd (or 3rd) game can get scheduled later.

Paul

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: Tier 12-15 PFS play at Enchanted Grounds

Post by CDragos » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Drogon wrote: I have now read this adventure.

Enter at your own risk.
I'm now having second thoughts since my level 12 only did primarily seasons 0 thru 3 stuff and only bought items off of chronicle sheets. Basically, he may be too Old Skool to handle a seeker arc after tons of source material has been put out since then.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:42 pm

You DO know about the re-training rules, right?? Yeah, my ranger has the same problem, but I'm not too worried. I fully expect him to be killed (again...) At least he'll go down fighting!

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm not gonna lie: it has the capability of being very challenging. I was impressed.

More importantly, though, it'll be me running it.  (-:<

Brad

Post by Brad » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:36 pm

I was going to taunt you and challenge you to kill my character if you dare, but then I remembered the Chaos Beast and the 3 Crits in a round.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Chris Socey is fond of telling the story of his wife giving me a hand wave with her barbarian and saying, "Oh, yeah? Bring it!" when she was at full hit points vs a hill giant who was standing 120 feet away from her.

He instantly looked at her in horror, and said, "Take that back right now, Bridgette!"

"Pfft. Whatever," she said, giving me the hand wave again. "Bring it, punk." Chris immediately began moving his character further away from where hers was standing.

1 round later, and 220 hp damage, he was staring at her. And staring. "What?" she asked. He just stared.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 am

To those who will be playing, I cannot stress certain things enough:
  • Update your character. Make absolutely certain you have advanced your level correctly and taken the appropriate number of feats, skills, hit points, etc. Remember that there are retraining rules available to you if you have a PC that you think would be better served by replacing an old Core Book feat with something newer.
  • Spend your money. A lot of a character's power is often under-realized simply because you left 20,000gp unspent. Get the gear you need to keep yourself alive and/or competitive in a fight. Don't mess around with this.
  • Go through your PC's chronicles. You never know what you will find when you do this. It's been years since I played an adventure called Race for the Runecarved Key, and I just discovered that the chronicle grants me a boon giving me a 1/2 price Raise Dead. Pretty sweet. Combined with the boon that gives me a free body recovery, I'm in pretty good shape, should I end up getting killed during my next adventure. Go have a look and see what you find, write it down on a "cheat sheet," and don't be afraid to use it during this adventure. After all, it might be this character's last one.
  • Know your character. Learn your rules. Be ready with your turns so that you don't hold up the game. Be aware of what you can do so that you will be an asset at the table instead of a liability.
  • Have a backup plan. You're a melee fighter? Cool. Get a masterwork strength bow and go through your chronicles to find a few magic arrows (you only need a few). Buy a potion of Fly. Get a secondary weapon. I see more people than I care to mention end up sitting there and doing nothing during a game just because they have no backup plan. Don't let this happen to you.
  • Get access to a re-roll. For the love of all that is, this is one of the easiest things to do, and I am always amazed by the people who don't have this. Enchanted Grounds has t-shirts you can buy, as well as the Character Folio. Get one. Getting smoked because you rolled a "1" on that reflex save is one of the worst feelings, and can easily be eradicated with this once-per-session re-roll.
Watch for the player announcement for June to hit soon. If you're going to be at my table, take heed of the above list, and I will see you on the 25th of June.
Last edited by Drogon on Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

K.C.French
Newly Confirmed Agent

Re: Another Chance to Vote: Tier 12-15 PFS play at Enchanted Grounds

Post by K.C.French » Thu May 26, 2016 10:34 am

<! am definately in as we discussed a couple weeks ago, sounds like an amazing tuime!!!
Kevin
p.s. I have not played this one. ;)

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am

Jeff,
When/If you begin running this for a second group I would definitely be interested in playing. My first choice is to play my 14th level Cleric of Pharasma, but I also have a 12th Level Fighter and two 11th Level PCs (a Rogue and a Witch) that are each 1 Xp from 12th level, so I got options. :)
Russ Brown

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:51 am

Well, there are enough votes for two more tables - one at 12-13 and one at 14-15. So, I'll be running this at least two more times.

However: I have recently developed some pretty severe sciatic pain. It is keeping me from being able to sit, which is a necessary component in both prepping for games and running games. So, I think I'm going to put this on the backburner for the next couple weeks. Things are improving, but I don't want to push it. My physical therapist says it'll likely be a six week process, and the 25th is only halfway through that process.

I'll keep everyone posted on when I plan the next run, though. Don't worry.

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 am

Also if I play in the second group, I could GM for the 3rd group if you wanted.
Russ Brown

greywizard77
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Matt McConnell
PFS Number: 10137
GM Stars: 1

Post by greywizard77 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11 am

Hope you get better, Jeff!

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:39 am

Will we (the first group) be doing part 2 in September?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:52 am

Sadly, no. Stupid Magic events keep getting in the way. If I can run it on a different day than the 3rd Saturday I will, but can't commit to anything, yet.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Woah. Bummer. What about making it a home game if someone was willing to have it at their home?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver