Core Campaign Mode and Enchanted Grounds - Highlands Ranch

Moderators: Drogon, Lord_Pretzels, slate

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Core Campaign Mode and Enchanted Grounds - Highlands Ranch

Post by Drogon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:02 am

Now that I have your attention, I need one little scheduling detail out of the way before I get to this email's topic of conversation. I still need two GMs in order to announce February's PFS games at Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch:

Monday, February 9th - #6-13, Of Kirin and Kraken (tier 7-11)
Monday, February 23rd - #6-10, The Wounded Wisp (tier 1-2)

Email me at Jeff@EnchantedGrounds.com to let me know whether you'll take one, and I can get the announcement out for this month's games.

Now, on to the email's subject:

I have been fielding a lot of questions about The PFS Core Campaign, so would just like to make a generally known statement for everyone. The schedule at Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch will remain Classic Pathfinder Society. The only game that will become Core Campaign is the Learn to Play Pathfinder game that I run on the third Thursday each month. All other games will remain the Classic Campaign. I will not be adding game days to the Highlands Ranch store to accommodate Core Campaign requests; my schedule is jammed with games as it is, and I am unwilling to take space away from other people who have scheduled events.

Now, many of you may know that I will be opening a second location near downtown Littleton. That store will be opening within the next few months. I will, of course, be running PFS at that location, as well. All the games that will be offered at Enchanted Grounds in Littleton will be Core Campaign.

This split will allow for several things. First, my scheduling does not get any more difficult than it already is. Second, you will know what campaign you are playing just by knowing where you are playing, keeping your lives confusion free. Third, I want the ability to mix players between the two locations, and this will certainly allow for that.

Other questions that have been asked, and their answers:

Can I schedule Core Campaign games at Enchanted Grounds? - If you want to take on the task of coordinating a game at Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch that is Core mode, you may. You need to contact me to get yourself on the schedule, and you need to set everything up to recruit your players and get your scenario, etc. I will not use the announcement tool for you, as I will not want to create confusion with standard events.

What if four players at a table of six want to play Core and can convince the other two players to switch? - Please do not do this. I will be scheduling and reporting the games as standard campaign, and will not be watching for last minute changes. Moreover, this tactic is, in essence, bullying your fellow players, and I will not be okay with that.

What if four players at a table of four want to play Core? - Please don't do this, either. I will be recruiting GMs based on the fact that it is a Classic game, and he will be getting credit based on that fact. So, I will be reporting all games at Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch as Classic, and you will be sad when you find out down the line that your PC isn't legal.

I really love the Core Campaign idea. Can I GM at your Learn to Play Pathfinder game? - I have a GM for this game, one I am very happy with. On occasion I end up with two tables of LTP players, or Ian goes on vacation; if you would like to be a GM who is "on call" for either situation, I will be happy to have you.

I really love the Core Campaign idea. Can I play at your Learn to Play Pathfinder game? - As always, having a couple veteran players at the table to show the new players the ropes is what I am after. That said, space will be limited to the first 2 players who request seats at the LTP. This will be clearly marked on the announcement.

If you have any other questions for me my email address is linked above. Please feel free to send anything I have not answered along for me to address.

See you all soon.

Jeff
Enchanted Grounds
Last edited by Drogon on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.