TactiCon 2014 Registration

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
TharanDanlon
Rookie Field Agent

TactiCon 2014 Registration

Post by TharanDanlon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:04 pm

So I've been looking on-line and I cannot find out prices for Badges/events and how to get the pre-reg prices. I'm pretty sure Chelsea and I are going to go this year, and I'll probably GM a few, but where can I get this information to be sure we can afford to?

I also assume the special events sell out fast (I can't get into them at GenCon this year) so does anyone know when they will open event registration so I can try and get into #5-99 and #6-00?
Last edited by TharanDanlon on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon Harper

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Re: TactiCon 2014 Resitration

Post by CDragos » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Tharan,
Go to Denvergamers.org and they should have a schedule up (unsure. I haven't checked). Keep an eye out for the pamphlets at local game stores, too. Those should be out really soon.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Russ Brown
Seeker
Name: Russ Brown
PFS Number: 803
GM Stars: 5

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:25 am

Looks like pre-registration only went live within the last 24 hours.

Denver Gamers Org
Russ Brown

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 am

Which brings up the ever popular question, if we are going to be GMing 3 or more games we are supposed to get our badge for free... 

How do we go about it?

I know that at GenghisCon, I ended up telling the lady that I picked my badge up that I was GMing alot so they just gave me my money back...  Are we going to have something which doesn't rely on the honor system for this Con?
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

tcharleschapman

Post by tcharleschapman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 am

And when will the files be added to our Paizo account?

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:34 pm

WhiteMane wrote: Which brings up the ever popular question, if we are going to be GMing 3 or more games we are supposed to get our badge for free... 

How do we go about it?

I know that at GenghisCon, I ended up telling the lady that I picked my badge up that I was GMing alot so they just gave me my money back...  Are we going to have something which doesn't rely on the honor system for this Con?
In year's past the GM's would get the badge issued based on coordination with the PFS organizers i.e. VO's.

This past Genghis con, due to poor organization on the DGA side I had to buy my badge online then get a refund at the con as well.
Russ Brown

Russ Brown
Seeker

Post by Russ Brown » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:36 pm

tcharleschapman wrote: And when will the files be added to our Paizo account?
Based on my past experience GMing at cons, about a week or so before the con.

Ultimately this is a question for Jacque though since she has the list of who is GMing what and must coordinate with Paizo.
Russ Brown

Jacque
Newly Confirmed Agent
Name: Jacque Woods

Re: TactiCon 2014 Registration

Post by Jacque » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Here is the information if you are thinking about running a game at the con

1. Each slot you GM will earn you a free ticket to play during another slot.
  2. If you GM 3 slots you will instead get your weekend Convention badge for free.
  3. Each slot more than 3 gets a free ticket to play during another slot (so, GM 5 slots and your weekend badge is free, plus you earn two tickets to play).
  4. Every GM gets the fear and admiration of tables filled with PFS players.
  5. An award ceremony is held Sunday evening after the Con, where all GMs will be presented a bit of free swag (or more, depending on number of tables and 'GM Scores'). This award event hands out a lot of awesome goodies and is not to be missed.
  6. All scenarios you run will be placed in your Paizo download files free of charge.
  7. You will also receive a racial boon as a thank you for running games.  This is the only way to get a racial boon - we will not be handing them out any other way.

I'll be posting an update on what slots are available this evening.  Please be on the lookout for it if you are interested in running some games.

Also, the scenarios will be deposited in your account approximately two weeks before the con.  Sometimes it can be sooner and very rarely it can be a week before.  But because Gen Con is three weeks before TactiCon - two weeks will probably be when it happens.  In all actuality it depends on when Paizo can get them dropped into everyone's accounts

The badge prices are listed on the website denvergamers.org.  That's the officialy DGA site.  As for the specials and such - I try my best to get everyone seated that shows up even if they have a generic ticket or no ticket at all.  It's one of the reasons why I'm looking for some backup GMs for the Gen Con Special Friday and Saturday night - to make sure that we can make sure people can play.  My job for the weekend is to make sure everyone has fun and gets to play.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at my email rmpfsjw@gmail.com.  I'm traveling until the end of the month and it might be spotty with internet coverage.  I have a better chance replying to questions at my email while I'm out of town.

Thanks
Jacque