? about PaizoCon

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
pogie

? about PaizoCon

Post by pogie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 am

Was just reading a thread about PaizoCon where folks were talking about lugging all of their books there.  Apparently they were under the impression that they needed everything as characters were audited and they needed to prove ownership of the books in question.

Is this correct?  As a non pdf guy, the prospect of hauling around 40 lbs of books at a con doesn't sound too appealing.

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Re: ? about PaizoCon

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:17 am

I don't know if they are going to be auditing characters or not... 

I do know that according to the Guide to PFS (pg. 5), "In order to utilize content from an Additional Resource, a player must have a physical copy of the Additional Resource in question, a name-watermarked Paizo PDF of it, or a printout of the relative pages from it, as well as a copy of the current version of the Additional Resources list."  So, the short answer to your question is that technically, you should have a copy of the book in question any time you play with a character that has something not in the CRB...  even if you are just playing a PFS event at Enchanted Realms, Enchanted Grounds, Heroes and Dragon, etc.

Hope this helps...
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 am

As an aside, that is why whenever I buy a book, I also buy a .PDF copy of it that I can keep on my tablet.  It's much easier for me to bring my tablet which has all of my Pathfinder books (not to mention, Masterwork Tools which is a great app that has the SRD on it and a great Search function...)
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

pogie

Post by pogie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:20 am

Yeah, I know the rule but it seems a bit much to expect people to lug it across the country and then haul it around with you at a con. I suspect it's their evil plan to sell more PDFs.

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:26 am

It also depends on what you are using...  I suspect you can limit books you need to carry with you to just one or two books...  Unless you have a spell from Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, the Advanced Players Guide plus a magic item that's only found in...  well you get the idea.

Your best bet might be to just take a hard look at what additional resources you need to backup your characters features.  If they are all special magic items, chances are that just bringing Ultimate Equipment will take care of it...  If they are all special spells, chances are the Advanced Players Guide will take care of it... 

That having been said, you are absolutely right...  That's how Paizo ensures that people are buying their stuff!
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808