Core Bonekeep Party

Moderators: MoffRimmer, jbane, lochinvar_1971

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent
Name: Sir.Bearington
GM Stars: 3

Core Bonekeep Party

Post by musclecarlover07 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Hey all, so here I have and idea. I want to build a party, no and optimized party of core characters that will venture the "Bonekeep" scenarios. Oh they won't be taking the easy way out and playing low. We will head this on playing up and go for it. We will either die trying or emerge as the greatest party to ever be known. This is what we have so far:

Player 1: Micheal: (M)Dwarven Barbarian
Player 2: Hillary: (M) (F)Elven Druid (Ranged) w.Fizgig the Lion animal companion
Player 3: Richard: Half-Orc Paladin
Player 4: Hjal: (M) Farmer Jeb the Human Cleric of Urgathoa
Player 5: Bill: (M) Pete the Human Wizard
Player 6: David: (M) Rogue/Fighter

The group of crazy adventurers have been assembled. Will they meet their untimely deaths or with they triumph and defeat the dread Bonekeep? Only the GODs know their fates and may the GODS favor them.

Randy has stated that he will try and help us get core games out so we can get these characters up in level. Keep in mind the whole focus of this group is to run "Bonekeep" scenarios. Who knows what lies beyond that. This will be a good place to communicate and keep up to date on everything. Also we don't all have to run together to level up, just to get through "Bonekeep" scenarios.
Are you ready for this?
Do you have what it takes?
Last edited by musclecarlover07 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micheal Smith

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Re: Core Bonekeep Party

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:16 am

I'll be happy to run it for you guys...  (I need to get 3 more specials before I can get my 5th star...)
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 am

I'm interested, but there's details missing.  What level would we need to be?  When would be the goal to run Bonekeep?  i.e. How long do we have to get to a certain level?  We're starting to get into holiday season, so it may be a little difficult (or sporadic at best) to get some consistency going with people working together towards a common goal.

So... depending on the level of commitment necessary, I'm interested.  I'd like to play a Core Wizard in something like this...

Bill

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:22 am

Ideally we would like to be 6 -  7 for the first two scenerios,  I have no core credit so will be starting from scratch. So even if I play or GM nothing but core games I'm looking at 4 months to be able to do this.
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent

Post by musclecarlover07 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:33 am

We are in no rush to get this done. It could be 6-7 months from.  Just whenever we can play. If we could play together that would be nice but does not need to happen til we got bonekeep. Once we have a good party of 6 we can try and piece together a team that will work together.

Sweet we got a GM.
Micheal Smith

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 34277

Post by Hjal Nelson » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:48 am

Wasn't Randy saying he wanted to GM?
Proud survivor of the Legendary Lemming Leap of 2017.

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent

Post by musclecarlover07 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:49 am

Idk if he wanted to go these or if he was just going to help schedule the scenarios.
Micheal Smith

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am

lochinvar_1971 wrote: Ideally we would like to be 6 -  7 for the first two scenerios,  I have no core credit so will be starting from scratch. So even if I play or GM nothing but core games I'm looking at 4 months to be able to do this. 
Strictly speaking, once your character is level 4.1 for part 1, you could start it since part 1 and 2 are 3-7 and part 3 is 5-9.  (Thus, by the time that character was at part 3 they would be level 5.)

Hjal Nelson wrote: Wasn't Randy saying he wanted to GM? 
I don't know if he did say that...  but I do know that you have to be at least a 4-star GM to run Bonekeep, and I think Randy just got his 3rd star... 
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent

Post by musclecarlover07 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Oj we plan on playing up. So we want to be 6-7 for parts 1 & 2 and want to be around 8 & 9 for part 3.
Micheal Smith

WhiteMane

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:14 pm

musclecarlover07 wrote: Oj we plan on playing up. So we want to be 6-7 for parts 1 & 2 and want to be around 8 & 9 for part 3.
I understand that...  I'm simply saying that it is an option...
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Hjal Nelson » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Btw... my planned Cleric of Urgathoa , Farmer Jeb, can be summed up completely thusly:

Last edited by Hjal Nelson on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir.Gryphon
Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 am

Hjal Nelson wrote: Wasn't Randy saying he wanted to GM?
I am willing to schedule and run a few normal core games to further the cause, but I can't run Bone Keep until I get some more stars under my belt.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

musclecarlover07
Veteran Field Agent

Post by musclecarlover07 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:58 am

So if I do, do a heavy hitter I don't think I will do a barbarian, only because I can't get guarded life rage power and the raging vitality feat. Which could kill me and we can't afford that in the bonekeep. I have been looking at doing a fighter. I have either a 2 handed (def. the greatsword) fighter or a two weapon fighter. Like Valeros but on steroids lol.

This has been interesting, because of the limited feat selection. Any input on what everyone else thinks would be nice.

My cleric build would be heavy healing and heavy support, very little combat spell. A cleric of Sarenrae with the healing and fire domains.
Micheal Smith

Hjal Nelson
Veteran Field Agent

Post by Hjal Nelson » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:26 pm

musclecarlover07 wrote: So if I do, do a heavy hitter I don't think I will do a barbarian, only because I can't get guarded life rage power and the raging vitality feat. Which could kill me and we can't afford that in the bonekeep. I have been looking at doing a fighter. I have either a 2 handed (def. the greatsword) fighter or a two weapon fighter. Like Valeros but on steroids lol.

This has been interesting, because of the limited feat selection. Any input on what everyone else thinks would be nice.

My cleric build would be heavy healing and heavy support, very little combat spell. A cleric of Sarenrae with the healing and fire domains.
If you're doing the fire domain you may as well become a blaster cleric.  Fireballs and Burning Hands ahoy!  I think synergy is more important than optimized PCs.

Paladin + Negative Energy Cleric = 2 "lite" healers, but 2 lite healers is slightly better in my book than 1 full healer.  Twice the action economy, and the party still gets partial heals if one is KOd.

Fire Domain Cleric + Wizard = "lite" blaster plus (potentially, depending on the Wizard) a full blaster.  I like the potential offense, plus extra heals is good insurance.

Martial: I don't know if our paladin will be ranged or melee. If the former, all we've got so far is my Negative Energy Smiting Cleric (and potentially an Aiding Bard?).  Clerics can tank pretty dang well under the right circumstances, but mine will be a 2h cleric with no shield.  I'd like to see a full-time melee type for my Cleric to back up.  Could be the Paladin, but also a Barbarian simply does enough damage to help ensure fights are over fast enough before in-combat heals become critical.

TL;DR: Depends on whether the Paladin will be a shooty type and what kind of Wizard Bill will be making as to whether I'd rather see the Barbarian or a KILL IT WITH FIRE Cleric of Sarenrae.  I think a purely support Cleric that's focused solely on heals and buffs might be unnecessary given we've got two "lite" healers plus a Bard.

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Hjal Nelson wrote:... and what kind of Wizard Bill will be making ...
For right now, a fairly standard Human Evoker is what I've built.  (Can't be too outrageous with "Core"...)  Definitely trying to focus on "blaster", but will also try to have enough "utility" to help balance.