PFS Number: 883
GM Stars: 3
GM Glyphs: 4
GM Novas: 1
Discord: slate_.

January PF2, PFS, ACG & SFS Player Call @ Enchanted Grounds Littleton

Post by slate » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Welcome Pathfinders,

This month we will be running a Pathfinder Second Edition scenario, a Pathfinder Adventure Card Game introduction and Scenario, as well as a first edition scenario. As has been customary the past several months, a 7-11 tier game will be our Sunday afternoon game aimed for experienced players. Additionally, if you want to play a game but the time slot is not good for you, please post and let me know -- the feedback is appreciated.

We have the 2019 Regional Support Boons for both players and GMs for First Edition Pathfinder and Starfinder.

Below is posted the schedule for Pathfinder Society games at Enchanted Grounds in Littleton. For directions to the store, see the 'stickied' post in the Enchanted Grounds section of RockyMountainPFS.com.

IMPORTANT: To sign up as a player or GM please email me directly at zachthedm@gmail.com <--Clicking this link will cause your email program or smart phone to generate an email directly to me. Simply hitting 'reply' to this email (the one generated by the announcement) will NOT get your email to anyone. Alternatively you may post a reply in the thread on RockyMountainPFS.com that was generated by this announcement.

Finally, don't forget that all games are $2 to play, which we use to give the GMs a gift certificate to thank them for their efforts.

Thursday, January 09, 2020 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Table 1: PFACG The Dragon's Demand (Tier 1-2)

We will be playing the Dragon's Demand

If you have class decks please bring with you. Otherwise, some will be provided for you to try: cleric, fighter, bard, ranger, sorcerer, rogue.

GM: Chris
1. Christian (warpriest)
2. Laura (witch)
3. Zach
4. Ryan

CANCELED Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Table 2: SFS #01-12: Ashes of Discovery (Tier 1-4)
Repeatable Starship
When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space and meeting new alien cultures-this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Ashes of Discovery is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to what it's like to be a member of the Starfinder Society. With randomized mechanical and story elements when you play this scenario you'll never play the same scenario twice.

GM: NEEDED
1. Zach
2. Christian

Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Table 3: PF2 #01-10: Tarnbreaker's Trail (Tier 1-4)
Repeatable
Venture-Captain Bjersig Torrsen has set out the call for a group of Pathfinders to compete in a race known as the Balgirdtrek. Taking place in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, this race is an annual event that includes participants from both the Varki and Ulfen people of the region. Bjersig hopes that by having the PCs participate, they might not only bolster the Society's reputation in the Saga Lands, but also document this exciting event. Although the Society has the organizers' official permission, some of the Ulfen competitors in particular see the Pathfinders' participation as an intrusion on their time-honored pastime. The true challenge of this race is not monsters or villains, but the harsh nature of the grueling marathon itself.

GM: Zach
1. Paul H.
2. Doug
3. Evan S.
4. Bruce
5. Tim F.

Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Table 4: PFS #4–26: The Waking Rune (Tier 7-11)

After a year of searching and risking life and limb, the agents of the Pathfinder Society have discovered the resting place of the Runelord of Sloth, who has been sequestered from the world at large for 10,000 years awaiting the proper time for his return. Thanks to the efforts of the sinister cult of Lissala, that time is now. In a desperate attempt to defeat this ancient evil once and for all, the Decemvirate sends its best agents, armed with relics found throughout ancient Thassilon, to foil the cult's last-ditch efforts to usher in a new era of tyranny and strife. Will the party succeed in preventing Krune's return to Golarion, or will the Pathfinder Society serve simply as a speed-bump in the runelord's path to domination over the entire region?

This scenario is known for its deadliness. Come VERY prepared!

GM: Christian D.
1. Zach (inquisitor 9)
2. Danielle (witch 11)
3. Raphael (wizard 11 or inquisitor 9)
4. Jimmy (arcanist 9)
5. Marie (cleric 9 or 10)

Last edited by slate on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:27 am, edited 18 times in total.

Phaasz1
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Phaasz1
PFS Number: 2356008

Re: January PF2 & SFS Player Call @ Enchanted Grounds Littleton

Post by Phaasz1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Please sign me up for Table 3. There's a chance I may need to cancel if I'm moving, TBD.

Thanks!
Paul H.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Please sign up Laura & I for table 1 (we have witch & warpriest decks), and myself for table 2.

Thanks!
Last edited by CDragos on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

slate
Venture Captain
Name: Zach

Post by slate » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Phaasz1 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:03 pm Please sign me up for Table 3. There's a chance I may need to cancel if I'm moving, TBD.

Thanks!
Understood!

DougErvin913
Rookie Field Agent
PFS Number: 172804

Post by DougErvin913 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 am

Please sign me up for Table 3: PF2 #01-10: Tarnbreaker's Trail (Tier 1-4). I am playing my cleric.

Doug

lcnab
Society Field Agent
PFS Number: 2354385

Post by lcnab » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Christian,

Please sign me up for;

Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Table 4: PFS #4–26: The Waking Rune (Tier 7-11)

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:27 am

Awesome, Raphael. Zach does the sign ups here, though. He'll get ya on there.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:37 am

CDragos wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:27 am Awesome, Raphael. Zach does the sign ups here, though. He'll get ya on there.
Ah my bad, thanks Christian.

Zack, if you could please.

Thank you

jhatgames
Rookie Field Agent

Post by jhatgames » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Please sign Marie and Jimmy up for Table #4.

So team what kind of prep do we need for this scenario that is known for its deadliness...?

JHat

slate
Venture Captain

Post by slate » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:51 pm

I got the damage output inquisitor, Danielle has debuffs (witch). I think we definitely need things to come back from the dead -- can't TPK if you can come back instantaneously! If you have Occult Adventures and can afford to give up your neck slot and spend 3500gp, a Talisman of Life’s Breath, lesser is a godsend. Other than that, anything that prevents damage or increases damage output (like haste or bane) is going to be useful, I'd think. Summons will definitely help my accuracy, as I get an attack bonus if an enemy is flanked. Also, some emergency Get Out Of Dodge spells would be great, like reach with dimensional slide, planeshift or teleport, maybe.

Any other ideas?

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Zach, Danielle, Raphael, Jimmy, & Marie,

For "The Waking Rune",
I need to know what level PCs you'll be bringing. I'm assuming they're the same level as the previous scenario but that could've changed. Also, due to its deadly reputation, I will not be running this in Hard Mode.

As for what's needed for prepping, This thread is very useful - paying close attention to the level 7 & 9 sections. There are many other helpful threads on Paizo about how to survive deadly scenarios & conditions. FWIW, you have learned in a previous scenario that the Runelords of Sloth specialized in conjuration magic. Feel free to take a look at the various conj. spells in the CRB. There are a lot of Save or Suck/Die spells & abilities in this scenario, too. It's the most difficult scenario I've ever had to prep. I hope you all will enjoy it.

Happy New Year!
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:23 pm

CDragos wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:13 pm Zach, Danielle, Raphael, Jimmy, & Marie,

For "The Waking Rune",
I need to know what level PCs you'll be bringing. I'm assuming they're the same level as the previous scenario but that could've changed. Also, due to its deadly reputation, I will not be running this in Hard Mode.

As for what's needed for prepping, This thread is very useful - paying close attention to the level 7 & 9 sections. There are many other helpful threads on Paizo about how to survive deadly scenarios & conditions. FWIW, you have learned in a previous scenario that the Runelords of Sloth specialized in conjuration magic. Feel free to take a look at the various conj. spells in the CRB. There are a lot of Save or Suck/Die spells & abilities in this scenario, too. It's the most difficult scenario I've ever had to prep. I hope you all will enjoy it.

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Christian!!

If that is the case, I shall be bringing my Wizard 11th lvl, taking no chances on this one. I look forward to this challenge :D

slate
Venture Captain

Post by slate » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:25 pm

lcnab wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:23 pm If that is the case, I shall be bringing my Wizard 11th lvl, taking no chances on this one. I look forward to this challenge :D
That could make it harder, actually. If we're all on the cusp of low tier, that could bring us up to high tier. Guess we'll find out when the rest of us post our PCs. Also, did you play any of the other scenarios with this wizard? If not, it might be useful to bring the inquisitor, too, since I think he did most of the scenarios and has the chronicles. They matter, at least to some extent, according to what Christian has said.

lcnab
Society Field Agent

Post by lcnab » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:09 pm

slate wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:25 pm
lcnab wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:23 pm If that is the case, I shall be bringing my Wizard 11th lvl, taking no chances on this one. I look forward to this challenge :D
That could make it harder, actually. If we're all on the cusp of low tier, that could bring us up to high tier. Guess we'll find out when the rest of us post our PCs. Also, did you play any of the other scenarios with this wizard? If not, it might be useful to bring the inquisitor, too, since I think he did most of the scenarios and has the chronicles. They matter, at least to some extent, according to what Christian has said.
My inquisitor only played two I think it was? Or one? I remember the one with the free feat by using the Ioun stone...

Anyhow, I'll bring both just in case.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Zach, Raphael, Danielle, Jimmy & Marie,

The character you will be playing in Waking Rune will receive a special benefit, possibly more, if it has at least one chronicle from any of the Cult of Lissala scenarios. I will post special instructions regarding those chronicles the day before the game. This will give you some time before the game to upgrade your PC so people aren't frantically flipping through their chronicles and doing a lot of math right before the actual game. So, be sure to watch for those instructions to be posted.

Christian D.
Last edited by CDragos on Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver