Seeker
Name: Sir.Gryphon (Randy)
PFS Number: 47387
GM Stars: 4
GM Novas: 1

COVID-19

Post by Sir.Gryphon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:24 pm

From our RVC:
Given that the US Government is now encouraging no gatherings of more than 10 people, I am recommending that on the short term, we suspend all PFS events. Cory, I know that the Canadian government has only recommended limiting meetings to 50 or less, so use your best judgement. (Anyone that has played the game Pandemic knows that Canada is the place to go! LOL)

I know this sucks for all of us, but we will weather this storm. Perhaps this will even be the topic of a Pathfinder Chronicle! Remember these three basic rules to combat the machinations of the Pallid Princess, Urgathoa: Keep Calm, Wash Your Hands, and if you are sick then please stay home!

Explore, Report, Cooperate!

O.J. Pinckert
RVC-Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
I agree that limiting exposure to others in the short term is the best way to contain this illness and prevent infecting those who are most vulnerable. For now, I am asking all Southern Colorado locations that host Pathfinder and Starfinder events to suspend their schedules until all of this craziness settles down. Hopefully we will be having adventures at our favorite local game stores again soon.
Last edited by lochinvar_1971 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder #47387
Venture Captain for Southern Colorado

GM for the "Lemming Leap" 2017...
Hugger of molten guardians, GalaxyFest 2018

pdeltoid
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Mark H.
PFS Number: 334581
GM Stars: 2

Re: COVID-19

Post by pdeltoid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:49 am

If anyone is interested, I will put together an online PFS scenario we can play on roll20.

Mark

WhiteMane
Regional Venture-Coordinator
Name: O.J. Pinckert
PFS Number: 808
GM Stars: 5
GM Glyphs: 3
GM Novas: 3

Post by WhiteMane » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:16 pm

pdeltoid wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:49 am If anyone is interested, I will put together an online PFS scenario we can play on roll20.

Mark
Do it! Depending on how it's done, I may join you if I have time.

That having been said, my wife and I are currently self-quarantined due to exposure to my father-in-law who is now in the hospital with Covid-19.
O.J. Pinckert--Regional Venture Coordinator, Great Plains Region
whitemane_1@yahoo.com
PFS #808

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

pdeltoid
Rookie Field Agent

Post by pdeltoid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 pm

I’ve set up a Roll20 society event for us to play while we are unable to meet up in person. This will be a test to see how this works.

I’ve set this up for 25 March 2020 at 6pm (Mountain time).

Scenario: 02-08 tier: 7-11

Scenario description: When a novice Pathfinder in the Grand Lodge of Absalom discovers an account of a long lost prophecy which may hold the key to defeating the Shadow Lodge, a team of brave agents heads into the heart of the Worldwound to recover the document. Not only do the forces of the Abyss and the demon-tainted environment stand in their way, but so does a rival team of Pathfinders set on recovering the Sarkorian Prophecy first.

Reply to this message to sign-up to play, standard PFS society rules apply. We’ll take up to the first 7. All are welcome!

To make sure this works:

0 – you may want to familiarize yourself with roll20 –you can google some tutorials. It’s easy to use as a player.

1 - I’ll need your email address so I can send you an invite to the game. Please include your PFS #, Character #, and your level.

2 – Once you sign up on here, and send me your email, I’ll build a blank character sheet and assign it to you. You can log in to Roll20 at any time and fill it out. I can help if you need it. If you want an image for your token on the game, send the picture or a link to me and I’ll build one for you.

3 - I’ll post a google hangout in the roll20 chat window once we get started to use for voice/video. Video is optional. It is highly recommend you use headphones to limit external noise while we play.

4 – At the conclusion, I’ll send out any chronicle sheets to your email, and I’ll report it on paizo.

Hope there is interest in this and we can test it out.

Mark

pdeltoid
Rookie Field Agent

Post by pdeltoid » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

I moved this post to the proper place:

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=4065

MoffRimmer
Society Field Agent

Post by MoffRimmer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 pm

I, too, am considering getting Roll20 and offering to run games during this difficult time.

Are there people willing to give this a try for my regular games and/or are there others who would like to have this option for other games. I'm mostly trying to determine if there is enough interest in trying to set this up. Please let me know.

(I miss seeing people and gaming regularly.)

I would still like to support our "brick and mortar" and as such would still like these to have the same "cost" rules we normally have in place. (And I would like to try to keep the requests here.)

Please let me know (either here or in a PM) if you are interested.

Bill

Vulse
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Jesse Brodeur
PFS Number: 166129
GM Stars: 3

Post by Vulse » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:42 am

Our normal group (Nadia, Erik, Jen and Patrick) has managed to keep playing on roll20 every Wednesday. We even roped Brandon in from New Mexico to join us!
It was a fair amount of work to figure out how to run the first game, but now that I've got it figured out, the system works very well. I find GM prep on roll 20 to be, surprisingly, pretty quick and easy.

If anyone would like some help figuring out how to run a game, feel free to message me. We can find a time to hash out any issues you've been having.
If anyone wants to run a game sometime other than Wednesday night, and needs another player, I might be interested. :)
Last edited by Vulse on Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

harleyquinn94
Rookie Field Agent
Name: Harlie
PFS Number: 212050

Post by harleyquinn94 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 pm

MoffRimmer wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 pm I, too, am considering getting Roll20 and offering to run games during this difficult time.

Are there people willing to give this a try for my regular games and/or are there others who would like to have this option for other games. I'm mostly trying to determine if there is enough interest in trying to set this up. Please let me know.

(I miss seeing people and gaming regularly.)

I would still like to support our "brick and mortar" and as such would still like these to have the same "cost" rules we normally have in place. (And I would like to try to keep the requests here.)

Please let me know (either here or in a PM) if you are interested.

Bill
Me me me! I wanna play!