New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Sep1 to Sep3

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 4

Re: New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Sep1 to Sep3

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm good running SFS #1-00 at 9 and SFS #1-03 at 2:00 if you still need me too.

Thanks
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:37 am

lochinvar_1971 wrote: I'm good running SFS #1-00 at 9 and SFS #1-03 at 2:00 if you still need me too.

Thanks
Er, actually, since I sent that to you, the SFS got all filled up. Only games at those two slots that I need coverage for are PFS. Willing to do that?

If you want SFS, I still need a GM at 2:00 on Friday, and both 9:00 and 2:00 on Sunday.

Let me know. And this time I'll hold the SFS for a day to give you time to reply.

Also, I really need your email address and full name.

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 am

I wouldn't have gotten to my e-mail any faster than this.  I guess I'll pass this time, since I have my nephews birthday party on Sunday.

Richard
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:20 am

So that everyone knows: email address and full name is necessary for the convention to do their thing with GM credit.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 am

Information for GMs:

If you GM two slots (eight hours) you will get a 2-day badge for free.

If you GM four slots (16 hours) you will get a 4-day badge for free.

If you have signed up to run games for me, let me know what badge you would like. At the end of this week I will forward all information to Sean, and he will set up a notification so that you can purchase the badge. You'll add it to your shopping cart, where the discount will be provided. At the same time, you should be able to sign up for any games you wish to play.

All the information for the convention can be found here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/b-c ... clave-2017

I will send emails to those GMs whose emails I have.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Can you put up a list of which GMs are at which table/game? I'd like to start planning what tier I'll be at for #8-99 Solstice Scar.

Thanks!
Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Ahz
Veteran Field Agent
PFS Number: 19568

Post by Ahz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Any chance we can get a Slot 0 for the specials?

Paul

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Ahz wrote: Any chance we can get a Slot 0 for the specials?

Paul
I'm afraid not. We won't have the scenarios until the 22nd, and I have no free time between now and the convention.
CDragos wrote: Can you put up a list of which GMs are at which table/game? I'd like to start planning what tier I'll be at for #8-99 Solstice Scar.

Thanks!
Christian D.
Christian, you'll need to prep the first three tiers.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm playing, not GMing solstice scar. Just want to know if all or which tiers will be available. I don't want to be the only player signed up for a 6-7 table then have to switch to another table that might be filled up already.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm

CDragos wrote: I'm playing, not GMing solstice scar. Just want to know if all or which tiers will be available. I don't want to be the only player signed up for a 6-7 table then have to switch to another table that might be filled up already.
I did not have them do signups by tier. It is just a signup to play. Each GM will be preparing multiple tiers, and we will split players according to what they want to play at the time we run the adventure.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello everyone. All GM slots are full, and your badge and scenario requests have been submitted. Tonya said that she will be working on getting scenarios added to your downloads, but I suspect she is missing a key piece of information: the email address you use for your Paizo account. As I mentioned when everyone was signing up, I will need those. Please verify them and let me know what they are so that I can be sure she has them when she needs them.

I will use the same email address to get your badges registered for the convention.

This will also go to all of you in an email.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:30 pm

I am re-posting my email to all the GMs here, in case emails aren't getting through. Plus there is an edit to the GM list for #8-99. Please read below.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I have a bit to cover in this, so make sure you read all the way through and that you understand everything. Some things will not pertain to you, but others will, and I don't want to have to send too many notifications too many directions.

First, your scenarios will be coming to you via email. We're bypassing Paizo because they're not really responding, and Chris will be getting copies to those of you whom I know do not already have them (so, VO's, for instance, should already have their scenarios). If you do not have something by now please let us know so we can get you what you need.

Second, badges are going to be handled on-site. They have the list of names, and what credit each person has (2-day, or 4-day), and will issue your badges at will-call. I do not anticipate that this will be an overly large convention (numbers should be in the hundreds, instead of the thousands). So I doubt that lines will be an issue, but still be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get your badge, sign up for any adventures you may want to play on your down time, and be able to get to your first slot (whether you are running or playing). If you need assistance with this aspect of the process please just let me know. If you purchased anything ahead of time they will be issuing you a refund on-site for your credit. Again, I doubt it will be a mad rush of people buying out games, so if you hold off on signing up for playing spots until you get there, you should be safe. Remember that the purchase of the badge gets you in as a player for every single slot. There is no extra charge per game. So, if you do buy a badge ahead of time and sign up for games right away, simply getting your 2-day or 4-day credit in the form of a refund should not be problematic.

Third, I want to briefly cover Friday night's 'Fiesta' slot. Those of you who are signed up should simply pick a couple (or more, if you like) of adventures that you enjoy running. Have them prepped and ready to go. When we start that slot we will have players wander about based on what level/adventure they want to play, and sort out who will end up where as we go. The more options there are, the longer it will take to get everyone settled. But, the more options there are, the better it will work to get everyone a game to play. Despite the controlled chaos of the situation, I promise I will have all players seated and ready to play within 10 minutes of the start of the slot. I'm loud and pushy; that's all that is really necessary. Come to me about 20 minutes before the slot and let me know what you have prepped and I'll take it from there.

Next, the multi-table special on Saturday night. We have five tables. I'm going to ask each of you to prep three sub-tiers, based on what I know you prefer. I'll give you an expectation, but be aware that you may end up with the next sub-tier up or down, simply based on what people want to play. Once again, I will handle mustering and get the players spread out as evenly as possible so that all of you have a table. Chris Mabbut will be your overlord GM and will be handling all the in-game maneuvering. Prep as follows:

Jason Reynolds - prep sub-tiers 5-6, 7-8, and 10-11. I expect you'll end up with 7-8, but if the veterans all come out I'll bet you end up higher.

O.J. - Prep 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. I'm expecting you to end up with 5-6, but again, it's possible all the veterans show up and want high level stuff.

Ted Webster - I'm putting you on the same three as O.J., with the expectation that you end up 3-4 or 5-6.

Paul Lang - Paul, I know you like the newbies, so I'm giving you 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6. I'm almost positive you end up with 1-2, but again, if all the vets show up you'll go a smidge higher, and I don't want to be unprepared.

Scott Gustafson - Same as Paul, Scott. And, again, I expect you'll end up with 1-2.

If, for some reason, I'm way off base with expectations, please get in touch with me and let me know what I need to adjust for you.

Finally, in case you can't tell, I honestly have no idea what to actually expect. This is the inaugural year for RPGs at a convention in only its second year. It's possible we end up with a bunch of people due to the fact that we are on the Labor Day weekend and past patterns put gaming conventions on that weekend for a reason. But it is also possible that word doesn't spread as far as hoped and we end up with only a table or two firing every slot. Know that, whether or not you run a game, you will not be suddenly left out in the cold. I'll get you in on a table to play, or you can join a D&D game or a board game at a different area of the convention. And no matter what, you will not lose the credit you have toward your badge, even if you end up running nothing.

Thank you all for joining me on this little excursion. I hope to see it reap rewards and end up on our schedules for years to come.

If I have forgotten anything at all, please ask. I will be watching my email and this thread closely all week and will reply as quickly as I see it.
Last edited by Drogon on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Will there be Con support boons for GMs and/or players?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

scottg0
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by scottg0 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 pm

For the special, are you going to have the aid tokens with the different tiers listed as well as the boosted entries? The ones I've seen online are not quite right and with only five tables, I'm not sure how many aid tokens we are allowed to have (haven't read that part yet). But the boosted portion might come in handy for some other tables.

Who is running the overseer position?

Are we allocating the full 5 hours for the special?