New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Sep1 to Sep3

Postings for Conventions and Special Events here.
Drogon
Store Coordinator

New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Sep1 to Sep3

Post by Drogon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Hail Pathfinders!

A new opportunity has recently come to Colorado. Sean Brown of Mr. B Games has expanded his game company's annual Games Day and joined up with Chad Ueker of Conclave of Gamers to bring us B-Con & Conclave, a gaming convention that takes place during Labor Day Weekend, September 1st to September 3rd. The convention is being held at The Doubletree Hotel off of I-225 and Iliff in Aurora. What does that mean for us in Colorado's PFS ranks? Well, read on, fellow gamer!

Part of the expansion of the convention, of course, is role playing games. I have been given as many as five tables per slot over the course of eight slots' playing time (three each Friday and Saturday, and two on Sunday). I plan to fill it with multi-table convention specials, convention-only adventures, and the ALL NEW Starfinder RPG adventures that are available for Stafinder Society play. All this, of course, means I need GMs.

I do know that GMs will be given incentives for running. As of right now I am not positive what those incentives will be. The convention works on a "single pay" model, meaning entrants will pay one price for the weekend and be allowed to play as many games as they can play in that time. I will be pushing for a free badge to any GM who runs 4 games, and a proportionately discounted badge for running fewer. Of course, there will be convention boon exclusives provided by Paizo, along with a few goodies given out to top performers at the end of the convention.

Now that you know all the background, let's get down to the fun stuff. Here is what I will be offering at the convention:

Friday, 9:00 AM Slot
 SFS #1-00: Claim to Salvation (the Starfinder introduction adventure utilizing 4th level pre-gen PCs) - two tables
 PFS Quest: Honor's Echo (the convention exclusive PFS Quest line utilizing 1st level pre-gens) - two tables

Friday, 2:00 PM Slot
 SFS #1-00: Claim to Salvation - one table
 SFS #1-01: The Commencement (1st-2nd level Starfinder Society game) - two tables
 PFS Quest: Honor's Echo - one table

Friday, 7:00 PM Slot
 Fiesta (gather your friends, choose a GM, choose a scenario, and play) - five tables

Saturday, 9:00 AM Slot
 SFS #1-00: Claim to Salvation
 SFS #1-01: The Commencement
 PFS Quest: Honor's Echo
 PFS #9-01: The Cost of Enlightenment (1st-5th level Pathfinder Society game)
 PFS #9-02: A Case of Missing Persons (3rd-7th level Pathfinder Society game)

Saturday, 2:00 PM Slot
 SFS #1-02: Fugitive of the Red Planet (1st-2nd level Starfinder Society game)
 SFS #1-03: Yesteryear's Truth (1st-2nd level Starfinder Society game)
 PFS #9-01: The Cost of Enlightenment
 PFS #9-02: A Case of Missing Persons
 PFS #9-03: On the Border of War (5th-9th level Pathfinder Society game)

Saturday, 7:00 PM Slot
 #8-99: The Solstice Scar (Pathfinder Society Season 8 storyline finish, 1st-11th level, multi-table event) - five tables

Sunday, 9:00 AM Slot
 SFS #1-02: Fugitive of the Red Planet
 SFS #1-03: Yesteryear's Truth
 PFS Quest: Honor's Echo
 PFS #9-01: The Cost of Enlightenment

Sunday, 2:00 PM Slot
 SFS #1-02: Fugitive of the Red Planet
 SFS #1-03: Yesteryear's Truth
 PFS #9-02: A Case of Missing Persons
 PFS #9-03: On the Border of War

If you would like to GM some tables please get in touch with me directly using Jeff@EnchantedGrounds.com with your requests. Alternatively, you can post in the thread this announcement generates on RockyMountainPFS.com.

If you want to play and need details about the convention, do not worry - I will post them as soon as I have them.

I'm excited for this event. I hope all of you are, too. It'll be fun to see you all around the convention table once again.

See you all soon,

Jeff Kokx
Last edited by Drogon on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottg0
Newly Confirmed Agent

Re: New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Aug31 to Sep2

Post by scottg0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm so confused by your dates in this post.

Title: Aug 31 - Sept 2
First paragraph: Aug 31 - Sept 1
Slots listed: Friday (Sept 1) - Sunday (Sept 3)

Since Labor Day is Sept 4 this year I'm guessing the dates probably should have all been listed as Sept. 1 to Sept. 3. Though I am surprised is it not the 2nd through the 4th as most people will not have the 1st off from work.

Please clarify the dates for this convention and possibly provide a link to the actual event page.

Edit: Depending on the real dates of this, I'll most likely be able to run one of each 8-99, 9-00, 9-01, 9-02, and 9-03 as I'll have played all of them already. I may run 1-03 depending on how fun it is to actually play. I'm still undecided on Starfinder.

Edit 2: According to their main page where they are selling tickets, it looks like the dates are Aug. 31 - Sept. 3. Links:
    http://www.conclaveofgamers.org/
    https://tabletop.events/conventions/b-con-and-conclave-2017

Edit 3: Dates fixed, keeping the links.
Last edited by scottg0 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CDragos
Store Coordinator
Name: Christian
PFS Number: 17148
GM Stars: 4
GM Glyphs: 1

Post by CDragos » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Yeah. I signed up for Saturday & Sunday but my 2017 calendar is saying the 2nd & 3rd of September. Not the 1st & 2nd.

Christian Dragos

Edit: the little brochure I picked up at EG last week says Aug 31st - Sept 3rd.

Edit #2: Ok. I was a little confused as well. The con runs from Thurs Aug 31st to Sunday Sept. 3rd.
Last edited by CDragos on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

lochinvar_1971
Seeker
Name: Richard Bannister
PFS Number: 160719
GM Glyphs: 4

Post by lochinvar_1971 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 pm

I can help you out on Saturday by running:

SFS #1-01: The Commencement at 9:00

and

SFS #1-02: Fugitive of the Red Planet (1st-2nd level Starfinder Society game) at 2:00

Richard
--Richard
--Venture Lieutenant- Colorado Springs, Colorado
PFS # 160719
GM stars:****
GM Glyphs: ****

Enchanted Realms - Colorado Springs

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Re: New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Aug31 to Sep3

Post by Drogon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 am

Regarding the dates: That's what I get when I'm carrying on a conversation about dinner with my wife while typing all that at the same time. Multi-tasking...no bueno.

Everything should be fixed. However, I've been told Friday through Sunday, only, for my tables so I'm assuming any other date is just open play.

scottg0
Newly Confirmed Agent

Re: New Convention Needs GMs! - Denver - B-Con - Sep1 to Sep3

Post by scottg0 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you for clarifying the dates. I'll volunteer for a table of 8-99 and 9-00 and the three tables of 9-01. That would be easiest for prep and keeping track of during a con.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 am

To be clear, the con takes place over Labor Day Weekend, but does not include being run on Labor Day, itself. That will be a day of rest and recovery for all of us.

When that other convention that used to be on this same weekend changed their dates to sometime in October, Sean decided to take this weekend. Which makes me happy. He is following the exact same pattern they used to follow. So, likely we have the space on Thursday night. I may be there to help set up if anyone wants to swing by and ask questions about logistics.

I will reply to all emails as soon as I get the chance; most likely on Monday. Until then, have at me. When you do ask for something, please provide me with an email so that I can keep touch with you without having to come here.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Hey guys. Just letting you know that I am getting your emails. I have not updated anything because I'm contemplating a change that I was asked to do and trying to decide how to implement it. I'll have something within the next day, though. Promise.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Jeff, in my email I put down PFS #1-09. It's supposed to be #9-01. Damn Cotions of Ponfusion.

Thanks,
Christian D.
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

scottg0
Newly Confirmed Agent

Post by scottg0 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:21 pm

It's been a couple of weeks since the topic started and I haven't heard anything else, any updates on the tables and the volunteer needs.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:17 pm

I have replied to all emails. I'm very sorry I took so long to do so. I had a very long negotiation (and subsequent debate) with another convention organizer and had to change the Friday night and Saturday night events. Friday night will now be a Fiesta slot, with Saturday getting #8-99's multi-table event. Now that everything is settled I'm getting to all the requests.

There is already a post here for signing up for the convention. I will be creating a separate thread to announce games for players, and will post that link there, too. I will also have details on Monday about what GMs will be getting for compensation. I expect that four slots will get you a free badge, with less gaining you a discounted badge, but I do not yet know how that will work. Again, I will post details in this thread on Monday.

There are two requests for GMing in this thread that do not have corresponding emails. I am replying to them here, but would really love an email from you so that I can maintain better contact.

Also, full names really help when it comes to getting you badges and discounts. Please do give me those if you have not already.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered so far.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:21 pm

lochinvar_1971 wrote: I can help you out on Saturday by running:

SFS #1-01: The Commencement at 9:00

and

SFS #1-02: Fugitive of the Red Planet (1st-2nd level Starfinder Society game) at 2:00

Richard
Richard,

Amazingly, both your requests got snatched in my first two responses (with only three or four tables getting covered in those two responses). So, I am hoping you will want to run something else, either at those slots or others. At those slots, the following is still available:

9:00 AM Saturday
SFS #1-00
Honor's Echo
PFS #9-02

2:00 PM Saturday
SFS #1-03
PFS #9-02
PFS #9-03

Let me know what you'd like to do.

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:22 pm

scottg0 wrote: Thank you for clarifying the dates. I'll volunteer for a table of 8-99 and 9-00 and the three tables of 9-01. That would be easiest for prep and keeping track of during a con.
Actually, I got your email and have replied. Let me know if there need to be any changes.

And thank you, again, for taking five tables. That helps a ton.

CDragos
Store Coordinator

Post by CDragos » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:06 pm

What do you mean by "Fiesta slot"? Are the times & scenarios different?
Christian Dragos
Venture Agent - Denver

Drogon
Store Coordinator

Post by Drogon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Fiesta is something we've done for more than a decade, Christian. It's the choose-your-own-adventure slot.

Rather than shuffle things around, and knowing that Saturday night is likely to get more players than Friday, I put 8-99 on Saturday night and just turned Friday night into open play.